Mar 18, 2020
With recent developments and all the confusion surrounding the COVID-19 virus, we would like to inform all members on what precautionary measures we have taken at Miami Yoga Room, as well as what changes we are likely to introduce in the foreseeable future.
Despite the current risk of infection being low, every day brings new information about the virus. As such, we are doing everything we can to ensure we are meeting the recommendations outlined by state and federal governments.
It is our intention at this stage to keep the studio open, offering support to the community, and providing income for our teachers. However, safety and public health is our number one priority, and if relevant health authorities deem necessary the cancellation of classes or temporary closure of the studio, then this is the course of action we will follow.
The steps we have already put into place to help prevent the spread of the virus are outlined below.
- Temporarily removed communal yoga mats, bolsters, blocks and blankets. This means all members will need to bring their own mat and other props to class.
- No physical contact or hands on adjustments from teachers, adhering to social distancing recommendations.
- Hand sanitiser will be supplied in the studio.
- Continual and thorough cleaning of studio spaces with anti-bacterial wash.
How You Can Help
- Wash your hands regularly and use the provided hand sanitiser before and after class.
- Bring your own mat to class.
- Stay home if you or any of your family members are unwell
- Abide by government imposed self-isolation practices if you have recently returned from overseas or domestic travel.
Thank you all for your support and understanding with respect to the changes outlined above. Like all small businesses, we hope to navigate through these tough times, with primary consideration for the safety, health and wellbeing of members, teachers and the community at large.